ECTI Workshop: “How to write a journal from extending its own conference paper”
In general, almost researchers will first publish some portion of a novel theory or technique on the international conference. After expanding of the mathematical solution, gathering more experimental results and optimizing the experimental parameters, that researcher will later publish that novel theory or technique on the international journal, which consist of more theoretical or technical explanations, more experimental result and more discussion/conclusion than previous publication, from extending its own conference paper. Even through both a conference paper and a journal paper are written by the same researcher, the journal paper may be classified as copyright or self Plagiarism (self copy) problems. In order to prevent many severe problems, this workshop aimed to teach the technical writing an international journal from extending its own published conference papers.
2. Audience and Registration
· Master students, doctoral students and university lecturers, who intend to publish international journal from extending its own published conference papers (especially the conference paper from ECTI-CON2014 to ECTI Trans. on CIT), are targeted.
· Seats are limited to 30 persons only.
· The workshop is free of charge.
· Please register in advance to Asst. Prof. Dr. Vorapoj Patanavijit (E-mail: email@example.com with Title “The Reservation for ECTI Workshop: Name and Affiliation” )
· Sima Thani Hotel, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
· The room will be communicated via email to confirmed participants.
4. The Schedule of the Workshop
Day 1 (Wednesday 14 May 2014)
13:00 – 13:30 : Lecture 1: Introduction to ECTI Transaction: Editorial and Review System
(Prof. Dr. Kosin Chamnongthai, KMUTT)
13:30 – 15:30 : Writing workshop 1:
· How to create the new research content/data for journal from own published conference papers
· How to generate/create the journal structure from own published conference papers
(Asst. Prof. Dr. Supatana Auethavekiat, CU
, Asst. Prof. Dr. Wilaiporn Lee, KMUTNB
and Asst. Prof. Dr. Vorapoj Patanavijit, ABAC)
15:30 – 15:45 : Coffee Break
15:45 – 17:30 : Writing workshop 2:
· How to rephrase/rewrite the journal title, abstract section and introduction section from own published conference papers
· How to rephrase/rewrite the journal proposed method section and experimental section from own published conference papers
5. Requirements for this workshop
· Personal Notebook/Computer (your own Notebook), which has the following files
o A conference accepted manuscript (such as ECTICON2014), which is in soft file format (such as MS-Word) in order to rewrite/modify/extend to be transaction/journal manuscript.
o A source code and simulated program of your research work in order to more simulate/generate simulated results/data.
6. About the Instructors
· Prof. Dr. Kosin Chamnongthai, KMUTT (Editor of ECTI Trans. on CIT)
· Asst. Prof. Dr. Supatana Auethavekiat, CU
· Asst. Prof. Dr. Wilaiporn Lee, KMUTNB
· Asst. Prof. Dr. Parinya Sanguansat, PIM
· Dr. Parichat Sermwuthisarn, KU (Kamphaeng Saen Campus)
· Dr. Sopon Phumeechanya SU
· Asst. Prof. Dr. Vorapoj Patanavijit, ABAC
Report of ECTI Workshop: “How to write a journal from extending its own conference paper”
Number of Participants: 34 from 15 universities
1. KMUTNB, Thailand
2. KMITL, Thailand
3. KMUTT, Thailand
4. Chulalongkorn, Thailand
5. SIIT, TU, Thailand
6. SUT, Thailand
7. SWU, Thailand
8. AIT, Thailand
9. RSU, Thailand
10. GISTDA, Thailand
11. Royal Thai Air Force, Thailand
12. NECTEC, Thailand
13. Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
14. University Technology Malaysia, Malaysia
15. University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka